About Liddes, Saint Bernard
Located just a short drive away from both the Italian and French Alpine borders, Liddes is a paradise for nature lovers and winter sports enthusiasts in the French-speaking side of canton Valais in Switzerland. The village enjoys exceptional Alpine sun the whole year round and, as well as being close to the Ski slopes, a tobogganing Park, indoor & outdoor sports, and international schools are with easy reach.
Just a 5 minute bus ride from our chalet, there is a small, local skiing area with 3 ski lifts, ideal for beginners and lower intermediates. Take a 20 minute drive in the car and you'll arrive in Verbier - 4 Vallées, home to the largest ski area that's entirely within Swiss borders, that boasts 92 lifts, 412 km of slopes at altitudes ranging from 1350 to 3400 meters.
About Canton Valais
Valais (or Wallis in German) is a bilingual French & German speaking canton in the south of Switzerland, famed for its Alpine mountains, breathtaking scenery and it's world class winter sports facilities. The region is characterised by what is perhaps Switzerland's most famous landmark, the Matterhorn.
Relais de Dranse in Switzerland
- Free Accommodation: 4, 6, 8 bed rooms and a dormitory with 25 beds (first come, first served)
- Breakfast included
- Free Wi-Fi
- The chalet has cooking facilities and we will have international cooking nights (get ready to cook!!!)
- Small skiing area with 3 lifts - 5 minute bus ride from our chalet
- World famous Verbier with 92 lifts - 20 minute ride by car
- Sauna and pool in the town
- The accommodation is owned by fRilingue
Other Accommodation Possibilities:
If you prefer a more private accommodation option, there are various hotels in the area. You can book and pay for a double or single room in any hotel you prefer then you can join us for breakfast for free in our Relais de Dranse.
The closest hotels are:
- Hotel Auberge des Alpes (15 min on foot)
- Hotel du Grand Saint Bernard (15 min on foot)
- Hotel Bivouac Napoleon with Spa and Sauna (10 min by car)